Event Waste Reduction
CSWD will lend free recycling and/or compost collection bins, plus one bag per bin, to make your next event zero-waste.
What You Need To Do
- Submit the online Event Bin Reservation Form to request your bins. Requests are fulfilled on a first-come, first-reserved basis. We will contact you to confirm availability or get more information once we receive your form.
- Pick up the bins at CSWD administrative offices (1021 Redmond Rd., Williston)
- Provide a clearly labeled recycling and composting bin (if used) next to every trash can.
- Keep track of the number of bags of trash, recycling and compost collected.
- Dispose of recyclables and compost appropriately (see options below)
- Return cleaned bins to CSWD and report event attendance and waste produced so we can track how much material this program keeps out of our landfills.
We will also lend you signs to help your collection go smoothly. Click on the sign image below to enlarge it. Click again to close the image. To print the signs, open the pdf file link below the pictures.
The most popular containers are shown below. Larger compost carts as well as recycling barrels for larger events are also available.
Click on any photo to enlarge it and view the entire gallery. Click on the photo again to return to this page.
Options for disposing of your event recycling, food scraps and trash:
- Contract with a private hauler. Check the Yellow Pages or go to the Trash and Recycling Haulers page.
- Use a CSWD Drop-Off Center (DOC). There is no charge for compost or recycling.
- If you have more than one cubic yard of recycling (about four of our 52-gallon bins), you should take it to the Materials Recovery Facility at 357 Avenue C in Williston (802-658-5176). There is no charge for disposal of recycling.
For More Information
Send an email to Michele Morris via our contact form, or call her at 802-872-8100 x 237 with any questions.