CSWD Drop-Off Centers
CSWD provides seven Drop-Off Centers (DOCs) in Chittenden County for the convenience of households and businesses needing to get rid of small amounts of trash, blue-bin recycling, and compostables. Anyone, from inside or outside of Chittenden County, may use any DOC.
Drop-Off Center Fees
Drop-Off Centers accept cash or Vermont checks only for payment of fees.
“Blue-bin” recycling is FREE at all Drop-Off Centers.
To find the price for specific items or materials, please use the search box on our A to Z List.
See the Electronics Page for fees and options for televisions, computers and other electronics.
Fees for general household trash and unspecified construction trash:
- 18 gallons: $1.75 (construction & demolition, or “C&D” waste: $3.50)
- 33 gallons: $3.25 (C&D waste: $6.50)
- 45 gallons: $5.00 (C&D waste: $10.00)
- 1 cubic yard: $25 (C&D waste: $50 — larger loads will cost less at a transfer station)
- Burlington DOC only: Charge is by weight at $0.13 per pound, or by volume (as listed above).
Each DOC has a ReUse Zone for items that are still usable. ReUse Zone rules:
- All items must be checked in at the booth.
- Fees may be charged to cover disposal cost of potentially unwanted items.
- All items are FREE for the taking.
- Items are available “AS IS.” If items are returned for any reason, you will be responsible for disposal fees (if applicable).
- The following items cannot be placed in ReUse Zones: Child car seats, booster seats, baby cribs, food, or hazardous materials such as paint, glue, automotive fluids, fuel, cleaners, pool chemicals, etc.
Drop-Off Centers are primarily do-it-yourself operations. If an item is too large to handle, DOC operators are usually available to assist and a $5.00 handling fee will be charged. Customers may have to wait until the operator is not busy. The operator does reserve the right to decline to assist if they have concerns about handling a particular item.
Certain holidays may affect hours of operation. Check our Calendar.
|Drop-Off Center Location||Mon||Tues||Wed||Thurs||Fri||Sat|
339 Pine St., 802-863-3827
218 Colchester R d., 802-878-3152
907 Beecher Hill Rd., 802-482-4840
36 Landfill Rd., 802-893-6551
80 Rogers Lane 802-434-2712
|South Burlington map|
87 Landfill Rd., 802-865-6221
1492 Redmond Rd. 802-872-7109