We have no openings at this time.
We do welcome applications for Saturday-only Drop-Off Center Operator positions on an ongoing basis. Applications are kept on file for one year and will be the first to be considered as these positions become available. If interested, please fill out the application for employment (click on link below) and send it to Lee Tuure, CSWD Operations Manager. The general job description is provided below.
Chittenden Solid Waste District (CSWD) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- Download the employment application.
- If your software enables you to fill it out, please feel free to do so and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not be able to sign the application in this format. If we call you in for an interview, you can sign the application at that time.
- If you choose to print the application and send it via regular mail, please address it to: Amy Jewell, Administrative Manager, CSWD, 1021 Redmond Rd., Williston, VT 05495.
Drop-Off Center Operator for Saturdays Only
HOURLY RATE: starting at $15.00 per hour
WORK SCHEDULE: Saturdays, 7:50 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.
CONTACT: Lee Tuure – 872-8100 ext. 212
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- All aspects of drop-off center operations including customer interactions and management of incoming materials
- Estimating customer loads of trash and recyclables
- Processing customer transactions via cash register
- Preparing special wastes such as textiles, electronics, and fluorescent bulbs for shipment to outside recycling facilities
- Maintaining a clean and safe facility on the busiest day of service
- Communicating with roll-off truck driver about container needs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND DESIRED ABILITIES
- Good customer service skills
- Cash register experience preferred
- Ability to maintain record keeping system
- Familiarity with what’s recyclable and what’s not
- Good communication skills
- Moderate to strenuous physical effort required
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Click here for a more detailed job description.